www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

error code 0204

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kriegerj

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: error code 0204 Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply.
There is probably also the overall size of the dataset impacting memory usage. (or ?)
I can create 10% redundancy(819 blocks,2.9GB) on a 29GB data set with a block size above 3 MB.
But when I want to create redundancy on a 31GB data set even with a block size below 1MB, I cannot go above 5% without having the 0204 error code (ok better than 3% when I was trying with a bigger block size)
What will be you recommendation for big dataset (30GB to 500 GB)?
Thanks
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: error code 0204 Reply with quote

ICE ECC allocate memory block using Windows API. If Windows fail to allocate memory block, you will see error 0204. Sometimes, Windows can not allocate large memory block, even if there is enough RAM. Probably it's linked with memory fragmentation.

For solving problem bigger block size need to allow to use part of block, instead of using whole block. There is not problem to add it in most ICE ECC functions. However there is one exception. Partial blocks is incompatible with module, witch determine shifted data. It's required to rebuild this is not small module. Now, i have not time to do it. Later.
dhry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Another vote for a fix Reply with quote

I'd like a fix for this too. I've just spent the last 15 minutes trying to generate ECC files on a very large data set (17.5Gb, 9746 files) - my digital photos, basically. Each time I get erro 0204. I have 6GB RAM, Win7 x64 and have ICE ECC using 100% of what it actually CAN use. Still get this error. I'll keep trying. Any idea how long before we can expect the partial block thing?

DRS
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Another vote for a fix Reply with quote

dhry wrote:
have ICE ECC using 100%

It's not ggod idea. Better set 50-70% value.

dhry wrote:

Any idea how long before we can expect the partial block thing?

NOw is planning to release new version of ICE Reader. ICE ECC will follow later.

P.S. Reduce block size and you will avoid 0204 error
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: