www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to schedule automatic ICE Mirror operation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bangkok01

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: How to schedule automatic ICE Mirror operation Reply with quote

Hello there!
I have just installed ICE Mirror v2.0 and started a "mirror full" of my music files. It is creating the folders and copying the files so far. However it has "extracted" a number of AlbumArt files and positioned them at the root of the Mirror directory. These AlbumArt files are not visible on the root of the Master directory... ???
Other question how can I proceed to have a schedule automatic "mirror full" once every two day for example? Ca you suggest a solution for a "non programer"?
Thanks
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How to schedule automatic ICE Mirror operation Reply with quote

Bangkok01 wrote:
These AlbumArt files are not visible on the root of the Master directory... ???

Try to use any file manager, allowed to see hidden files. I think you will see some hidden files/directory in your Master directory.

Bangkok01 wrote:
how can I proceed to have a schedule automatic "mirror full" once every two day for example? Ca you suggest a solution for a "non programer"?

You can use system Windows scheduler or use any other schduler for this is task. Use ICE Mirror with command line options for specifing your job in scheduller.
Bangkok01

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer,
Can you be more specific and give me some example on the content of command line and associated options / jobs
Thanks
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bangkok01 wrote:
Can you be more specific and give me some example on the content of command line and associated options / jobs

Something like:
ICEMirror.exe "D:\My Photo" G:\BackupStorage\Photo /MODE=1

You can find command line description in ICE Mirror help
Bangkok01

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your support,
I looked into the help for command lines. I have used windows vista task sheduler, and have created a basic task with the following command line:
"C:\Program Files\ICE Mirror\ICEMirror.exe"
With additional arguments:
c:\Users\Pascal H:\Backup document /APPEND /MODE=1 /ROOT=TRUE /CASE=FALSE /DOS=TRUE /LOG=FALSE
When I run it I see in a flash (less then 1 second) ICE Mirror windows opening and then nothing.
Can you help me to correct my command line and arguments. There must be something wrong / missing.
Thanks
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to use symbol " if there is space in your path

c:\Users\Pascal "H:\Backup document" /APPEND /MODE=1 /ROOT=TRUE /CASE=FALSE /DOS=TRUE /LOG=FALSE
Bangkok01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
It seems to work now as far as command line is concerned. However after using the <"> symbol wherever required (same script and option as in my message above), I have conducted a few trials and have detected the following: If I have in the mirror directory a file called Issan 035.jpg and I reduce the size of the original Issan 035.jpg in the source directory, ICE mirror during next run delete and replace the file in my mirror directory with the resized one. I understood that it is what should happen in full mirror option but when I select /APPEND in my command line it should just add the modified file witout erasing the previously mirrored file. Can you tell me if my understanding is wrong?
My concern is the following if something wrong happen (erase file by mistake or corrupt files by mistake) just before he mirroring is launch, my safe copy (previous day mirrored) will be overwritten.
Thanks for clarifications and advices.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bangkok01 wrote:
Hi!
I understood that it is what should happen in full mirror option but when I select /APPEND in my command line it should just add the modified file witout erasing the previously mirrored file.

If there is modified file in master directory, this is file will be overwrite in the slave directory. /APPEND mode disable only deleting files witch exist in slave but not exits in master directory.
hamelame

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it can be done with overwrite it to files which seems different !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: