www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a Guide for IceMirror backup?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herbert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Is there a Guide for IceMirror backup? Reply with quote

I downloaded and installed the IceMirror backup utility - then opened it to find there is zilch by way of a Guide to show how it works.

I tried to click-and-drag the various items - didn't work.

I've been using EZBackitup - but it's died on me. All I get is an error message which in my Event Viewer is indecipherable gibberish.

I've tried Acronis True Image, Nero Backitup - and half a dozen others. Always, there's something wrong, or the Help section leaves me just as clueless as before.

I've been struggling for literally months to get a backup system that is easy to use, has incremental capability - and has an interface that was written for the average person to understand.

I need a guide for how to make IceMirror do the job. I don't want pages of detail on how it all works. I don't want explanations and metaphysical ramblings on the technical side to it all.

I need that rarest of things to find -- a simple, step-by-step, no nonsense, no diversions, no explanations, no Eastern Philosophies -- instructions on What To Do.

If someone here could provide me with this miracle, I would be truly grateful, amen.

Update - I've found the Guide in Start > Programs. But! I couldn't find what you do to start a backup. Click-and-drag is not working.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a Guide for IceMirror backup? Reply with quote

ICE Mirror is not pure backup solution. ICE Mirror look like to simple DOS command "copy". So, if you looking backup solution for your OS/system volume - ICE Mirror can not help you.
Herbert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a Guide for IceMirror backup? Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
ICE Mirror is not pure backup solution. ICE Mirror look like to simple DOS command "copy". So, if you looking backup solution for your OS/system volume - ICE Mirror can not help you.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: