www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ice book reader Pro- skin problem

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
westmoon



Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Ice book reader Pro- skin problem Reply with quote

I'm experiencing problem with book skin.

I made some custom book skins, and they worked fine with last version. But no luck with latest version (8.9.2 retail).
Options shows default skins only(1,2) and others are not visible.
And the same with the extra skins here in official website. I downloaded them & put them in Skin folder, no working.

I checked .ini files, but couldn't find any problem.
I took the zip files out, extract, re-zipped, copy & paste in skin folder, but still got nothing.

What is the problem?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ICE Graphics
Site Admin


Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 430

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Ice book reader Pro- skin problem Reply with quote

westmoon wrote:
I'm experiencing problem with book skin.

I made some custom book skins, and they worked fine with last version. But no luck with latest version (8.9.2 retail).
Options shows default skins only(1,2) and others are not visible.
And the same with the extra skins here in official website. I downloaded them & put them in Skin folder, no working.

You have to copy skin files to skin directory. This is directory can be found here. If you use classic install it's: "C:\Program Files\ICE Book Reader Professional Retail\Skins". For Vista mode it's: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ICE Book Reader Professional Retail\Skins". If you can not find Skins directory in Windows Vista, try to find directory "Skins" in "C:\Documents and Settings".

Do not unpack skins. Skins is a ZIP file.

westmoon wrote:

I checked .ini files, but couldn't find any problem.
I took the zip files out, extract, re-zipped, copy & paste in skin folder, but still got nothing.

What is the problem?

If you create skin file, try to use simple ZIP packer. Like WinZIP or WinRAR. And do not use modern pack algorithm, witch is incompatible with old version zip unpackers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
westmoon



Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: No, it's not such a simple mistake, I believe. Reply with quote

Quote:
You have to copy skin files to skin directory. This is directory can be found here. If you use classic install it's: "C:\Program Files\ICE Book Reader Professional Retail\Skins". For Vista mode it's: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ICE Book Reader Professional Retail\Skins". If you can not find Skins directory in Windows Vista, try to find directory "Skins" in "C:\Documents and Settings".


1. I'm using XP, and I put those files in Skins dir.

2. I didn't made any changes from prev version (again, skin zip files were in Skins folder, they worked fine before) but reinstall ice book reader for upgrade. (Should I uninstall first??)

3. I'm using WinRAR 3.70 & 7-zip, tried both program with normal default option.

4. Not only my custom skins, but also those extra skins you can download from this website, doesn't working, too. I didn't make any changes of those files, just download & put into Skins folder, re-launch program, go to option - nothing.


I think I've done everything to solve the problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
westmoon



Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Ok, solve the mystery... Reply with quote

I should un-install first.
After uninstall & reinstall the program again, I can use skins as before.

Thanks anyway. Smile

(by the way - how can I upload my custom skins to this website's book skin page?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ICE Graphics
Site Admin


Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 430

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ok, solve the mystery... Reply with quote

westmoon wrote:
(by the way - how can I upload my custom skins to this website's book skin page?)

Send you skin to support @ ice-graphics.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group