www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bigger buttons at the top??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tymm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: bigger buttons at the top?? Reply with quote

Any way possible to make the buttons at the top bigger??? Using this on a touch pad, and "play" is not to bad, slowing it down or speed it up is a bit of a challenge.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: bigger buttons at the top?? Reply with quote

"Touch Panel" will solve all your problems.
You can make any size buttons.
You can assign any functions to buttons.
You can find "Touch Panel" in options.
tymm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, another little trick I had NO idea I could Do. Will mess with that and see what I can get done.

Been wanting to do this for a while. Finally broke down, found a windows based tablet. It worked out even better than I had expected. A one gig of ram tablet can handle both ice book reader, and a text to speech engine just fine.

Just really wish this program could be made to work on a android tablet. Thinking in the next week or two, after I get the touch part figured out, I may make a video of it in action, put it on youtube, Just dont think people have any idea just how sweet of a reading program this thing is.

I know it would be next to impossible to do, its like trying to get a window program to work on linux, but seems like some are trying. Steam comes to mind. Windows 10 is such a pile of garbage, maybe one day things will change. I get it all done, and a video of it, will come back and give you link, and HOPE its ok to make a video of it. Have a nice day........
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tymm wrote:
Oh, another little trick I had NO idea I could Do.

This is the case, when the panel will help you. You can create buttons with ANY functions.

tymm wrote:
I know it would be next to impossible to do, its like trying to get a window program to work on linux, but seems like some are trying.

As i know, ICE Reader work in Linux under Wine. But, of course, not all functions are supported. As i know, speech synthesis do not work under Linux.

tymm wrote:
Windows 10 is such a pile of garbage, maybe one day things will change.

There are some solutions witch can make Windows 10 better. For example, "Destroy Windows 10 Spying" is a very useful tool for Windows 10. Google know where to get it.
tymm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am super new to the tablet world. Yea, I know about killing windows 10 spying, and while I will jump on line to update, for the most part, my tablet stays off line. Its just for ebooks and stuff, my desktop is for surfing the net, and I am not the kind of person that HAS to be hooked to the net every place I go, heck, I still use a flip phone for goodness sakes.

Just sucks I gotta use a windows tablet for this bad boy. Wish you could make it usable on Android.
tymm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure you can help me with this or not. On my tablet, this program is using about 40 percent of my battery a hour. Does this seem normal?? Or do you know???
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tymm wrote:
Not sure you can help me with this or not. On my tablet, this program is using about 40 percent of my battery a hour. Does this seem normal?? Or do you know???

Open task manager and check CPU Usage during reading.
Most energy requires DirectX "Super scrolling"
The most economical is a "Page Down mode".
tymm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
tymm wrote:

Open task manager and check CPU Usage during reading.
Most energy requires DirectX "Super scrolling"
The most economical is a "Page Down mode".

So I took your advice, went from scrolling to page down. Have it set to change pages at a pace that works for me. I cut my battery usage in half.

I went from 10 percent every 15 min to 5. That gives me ruffly four hours of reading at a 100 pecent. I can live with that.

Thanks for that tip. I decided not to mess with the touch screen. I have a usb keyboard in my case for my tablet, I just set the buttons up the way I like it, now its just put the book in my lap, hit play, and its all Good.
ICEGeorge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about dedicated support. Makes me smile to read it. People usually just see this but they never take the time to point out. Wich i think more people should. And also thnx for the tip about "There are some solutions witch can make Windows 10 better. For example, "Destroy Windows 10 Spying" is a very useful tool for Windows 10. Google know where to get it." Gonna have a loog at it. Cheers from Sweden
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: