www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corrupt file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Corrupt file Reply with quote

Hello I am using the ice ecc program to fix an a corrupt .tib file from acronis, but I don`t know how can I fix the tib file using this program.
Someone can help me or teach me as used this program.
Thanks.
And sorry for my bad english
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Corrupt file Reply with quote

1. Start ICE ECC
2. Find your file in ICE ECC file manager window
3. Select your tib file
4. Press "Create"
5. Select Redundancy 3%
6. Press OK
7. What's all, .ecc file created

For check/recovery
1. Start ICE ECC
2. Find .ecc file ICE ECC file manager window
3. Press verify
4. In Window "Select directory with data files" usually need just press OK
5. In Window "Select destination directory for recovered files" or jsut press OK, or select other directory, where to story recovered files
6. After what check and recovery will start
misa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I restore the acronis backup but when I am going to open acronis say me is a corrupt file.
Why acronis say me this if this backup is repaired, also ice ecc program say me when I am going to open the ecc file "wrong command line parameter"
Thanks for help me.
Postdata
I have to backup from acronis and when I am going to create an ecc file, the program say me "Block read error - 158,A"
Thanks again
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why you try to learn ICE ECC using large Acronis file?

For test better to use small .zip file. Create .zip file with size 100-200 mb.

misa wrote:
I restore the acronis backup but when I am going to open acronis say me is a corrupt file.

Do you mean, what your acronis backup fail to restore even before you use ICE ECC?

misa wrote:
Why acronis say me this if this backup is repaired

I still do not understand what had happened with you acronis file and what you want to do.

misa wrote:
also ice ecc program say me when I am going to open the ecc file "wrong command line parameter"

Command line parameter is more complicated task, than to using ICE ECC by GUI.

misa wrote:
I have to backup from acronis and when I am going to create an ecc file, the program say me "Block read error - 158,A"

"Block read error" mena, what ICE ECC can not read data block. It's very rare error. And this is error usually mean, what you have physically damaged HDD. It's mean, what some sectors on HDD are not readable. ICE ECC can recover that damaged sectors, only if there are .ecc files, created before file damage.
misa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you mean, what your acronis backup fail to restore even before you use ICE ECC?

My acronis backup fails even using the program ice ecc.
Quote:
I still do not understand what had happened with you acronis file and what you want to do.

My acronis file is corrupted and I want to do is repair the backup for use in acronis and restore my computer.
Quote:
"Block read error" mena, what ICE ECC can not read data block. It's very rare error. And this is error usually mean, what you have physically damaged HDD. It's mean, what some sectors on HDD are not readable. ICE ECC can recover that damaged sectors, only if there are .ecc files, created before file damage.

I use the hdd generator to repair the damaged sectors but the program say the external hard drive is okay.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

misa wrote:
My acronis file is corrupted and I want to do is repair the backup for use in acronis and restore my computer.

You can recover you corrupted acronis file only if you have created .ecc files from not damaged, not corrupted, original acronis file. ICE ECC work like patch. ICE ECC replaces any damaged block replacement part (.ecc file).

You can not recover corrupted file, if you are not prepared a spare part.
misa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I can not do anything
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: