www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Log files not working with command line?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bukaszippermo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Log files not working with command line? Reply with quote

Here's my command line:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ICE Mirror\ICEMirror.exe" "C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents" "E:\XXXXXX BACKUP\My Documents" /FULL /MODE=1 /LOG=TRUE

The mirroring actually finishes, but I cannot find the log anywhere in my PC.
I am using Windows 7 64bit. I checked C:\Program Files (x86)\ICE Mirror\ and there are no logs.

If I am looking at the wrong folder, can you please tell me the path where the logs are?
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Log files not working with command line? Reply with quote

ICE Mirror by default create log to catalog where there is .exe file.
In you case ICE Mirror will write log to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ICE Mirror\".
Unfortunately, modern Windows block any attempt to write to any catalog below "C:\Program Files (x86)\".
Instead of this all write operation will occur to some "strange place" in Windows.
So, if you will check some of "strange place" "C:\Users\%USER\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ICE Mirror", i hope, you can find all logs.

OR

Just install ICE Mirror outside "C:\Program Files (x86)\". For example, somewhere like: "D:\MyPrograms\ICE Mirror". Then you will see you log in the catalog "D:\MyPrograms\ICE Mirror".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: