www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still not getting updates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tymm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Still not getting updates. Reply with quote

Had trouble getting the last one. Sent a email, got the update. Did not get this update, Sent the email On monday, Still have not seen it.

Its not going to my spam folder, Its not being blocked, Something must be off on your end. Always got the updates when they were released before.

Just thought I would let you know.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Still not getting updates. Reply with quote

tymm wrote:
Had trouble getting the last one. Sent a email, got the update. Did not get this update, Sent the email On monday, Still have not seen it.

Two e-mails have been sent to you.
The first e-mail was only the text, the second with a key. How many e-mails did you get?

Now both e-mails send you again.

tymm wrote:
Its not going to my spam folder, Its not being blocked, Something must be off on your end. Always got the updates when they were released before.

Some e-mail services kill some e-mails without notifications.
If you have not received the e-mails again, now is an excellent time to say goodbye to email service from yahoo.com. Register new e-mail for example at gmail.com and send your new e-mail address to support@ice-graphics.com
Flear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here
getting "some" updates, a little under half. like the original poster.

it would make sense if i wasn't getting any
it would make sense if they were going to spam

last update i got was 9.0.9a, ... before that 9.0.8a, ... before that 9.0.7

wouldn't it make sense that there is a bug in the update email notification list ?

could this be escalated and fixed

it's not just a few people, the forum has had others with similar issues (not being notified of updates. it shouldn't be too hard to have someone track what's going on to have it fixed, ... there's a fair bit of history with several who have registered and inquired about why they're not receiving updates, ... likely many more that have not said anything.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's simple, if after sending update to you, e-mail server replied error, we stop to send any update at this is e-mail.

If you see what there is not new updates, just send e-mail to support with request to get new vertsion.
Flear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then why am i getting some updates and not others ?

-registered
9.0.7 - did get
9.0.8 - did not get
9.0.8a - did get
9.0.9 - did not get
9.0.9a - did get
9.0.9b - did not get
9.1.0 - did not get

i can understand if your email server received errors it would remove me from the update list.

yet i did receive an update after that (9.0.8a)

then i missed one
and again i could understand being removed from the list

then i received an update (9.0.9a)

then i missed one again.
wait, i missed 2. (including most recent)

if my email is being removed from the list, then why do i receive another update notification ?

could you please escalate this
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flear wrote:
then why am i getting some updates and not others ?

I do not know. May be you or or your spam filter killed e-mail about updates as spam.

Flear wrote:
i can understand if your email server received errors it would remove me from the update list.

Not exactly. If SMTP server, witch try to send e-mail fail to deliver it, it will try to send meesage again and again during 48 hours. We will mark your e-mail as failed only in two cases:
1. If SMTP server inform what it's impossible deliver e-mail during 48 hours. (It's really rare case)
2. If your e-mail server send autoreplay with error status, something like this: "User deleted, message cannot be delivered, this is permanent error, user space quote exceed, e-mail box not found in system", or something similar. It's mean what error occur exactly on your side.

Flear wrote:
and again i could understand being removed from the list

You do not remove from list. You just receive flag "Failed delivery". Send e-mail to support about this is problem and you will receive latest version. And may be it's good idea to change e-mail. For example, gmail work pretty stable.

Flear wrote:
if my email is being removed from the list, then why do i receive another update notification ?

May be it's agressive spam filter killing any e-mails with attach?
trallyus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you sent out any emails to registered users as to how to update to build 9.4.6 as the last build I have and am using now is 9.4.1 ?

Trallyus
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trallyus wrote:
Have you sent out any emails to registered users as to how to update to build 9.4.6 as the last build I have and am using now is 9.4.1 ?

Yes, we sent email with updates for every new version.

But, if some e-mail server reject to receive e-mail, this is e-mail mark as broken. And nothing will send later. In that case you have to solve problem with your e-mail server and to send e-mail to support@ice-graphics.com for resolving problem.
trallyus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
trallyus wrote:

Yes, we sent email with updates for every new version.

But, if some e-mail server reject to receive e-mail, this is e-mail mark as broken. And nothing will send later. In that case you have to solve problem with your e-mail server and to send e-mail to support@ice-graphics.com for resolving problem.

Yep I just received your email with the key file and download link as well as your other email and I made sure to white-list your email address so I should receive them now with no problems.

Thanks!!!!!
trallyus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they removed the block on your IP and said to give it 2-24 hours until it is fully taken care of
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: