www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tymm

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Strange Error Reply with quote

Running windows 7 pro 64 bit. If I right click on the desktop, Go to Personalize, Then Display, Then change it from the small setting to Medium I get a error when Trying to open Ice Book Reader.

If I try to change it to Large it works fine. Its just the Medium Settings that give me the error

Internal Error at -AA_Main Access Violation at address 006E0E32 Read of address 000002EC

Any Ideas??
tymm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,Tried the new Version 9.0.6. Still doing the exact same thing. Any Ideas?
tymm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been Over a Week and still no help. Come on guys. A little tec support would sure be nice.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Strange Error Reply with quote

tymm wrote:
Running windows 7 pro 64 bit. If I right click on the desktop, Go to Personalize, Then Display, Then change it from the small setting to Medium I get a error when Trying to open Ice Book Reader.

Tried to do it the same thing. There is no errors. Try to test the same error on other computer with fresh version Windows.
tymm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like my graphic card drivers may be the problem. I have nivida drivers. Dont think it can be fixed on my computer. Going back to a fresh install of windows 7 did not solve the problem.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you test it on other computer ? At first look this is some unknown incompatibility. May be some additional software can interfere. You have to find situation, how to repeat this is bug on any other computer.
tymm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, So I got bored and gave it my best effort to fix it.

First My Computer is up to date with sp1. I uninstalled all my video drivers, Changed my desktop settings to medium. Same error. Changed it back to small. Worked fine.

I know its not my monitor drivers, Because I have a new monitor and still having the same problems.

Then I went ahead and Tried a Brand new install of Windows 7 64 bit. Right after The install was done. With no other software, I installed Ice Book reader Pro. Changed my Desktop settings to medium. Got the Error. Went back to Small. Worked Fine.

It HAS to be the Fact im running a 64 bit system. I even tried to change comparability to xp pro. Same Error.

The software works fine on my laptop. Lap Top has Xp Pro on it.

I even downgraded to the oldest 9.01 of ice book reader pro I have. Same Error. I am out of Ideas. It HAS to be because Im running a 64 bit system

Last edited by tymm on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
tymm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I thought of one more Idea, Tried the Trouble Shooting Application. Ran through trying different Fixes For Ice Book Reader Pro. No Luck. Same Problem. Set Desktop to Small It works Fine, Set to Medium, It gives me the same error I said at the beginning of this thread.

Now I am looking at Troubleshooting report. It says "Incompatible Aplicatoin Detected, Lists IceReaderRetail.

Gotta be because of my 64 Bit system.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope, problem fixed in v9.0.7. Problem appear only on systems with slow graphics.
tymm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
I hope, problem fixed in v9.0.7. Problem appear only on systems with slow graphics.

Well done Sir. Works fine now. Not sure what you mean with slow graphics. Myself, Running a 3.4 quad core with a Nivida 250 gts video card. So my graphics are fine. Heck I can run the Latest PC games full tilt on this monster. I have 8 gig of ram. But no worries. It works so DON't fix it HA!!

I an So tickled I have this program. Best 100 bucks I ever spent. Updates for Life, Great Tech Support. Even took the suggestion of adding the 12 hour clock which is GREAT!! It even supports Voice, Which i LOVE!! I have got to read so many books, Can't say enough good things about the product and the tec support. Well done. Keep up the good work.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tymm wrote:
Not sure what you mean with slow graphics. Myself, Running a 3.4 quad core with a Nivida 250 gts video card.

Never mind how fast is your video card in 3d. Important only one - how much microseconds need to repaint 2d screen with windows controls. If system can do it faster 10 msec, problem will not appear. That's why this bug was not fixed immediately. Only when it became possible to find a computer with a slow graphics card became clear the nature of the error.
Newton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Ice Reader and have enjoyed it over the years but the new version does not work for me either.

I'm running Windows XP Professional on a computer that's about 8 years old. The computer still does most of the things I want to do except run IceReaderRetail.exe

operating system: Windows XP Professional SP3
motherboard: asus a7n8x-e deluxe
graphics card: sapphire 512mb HD 3650
processor: Aththon XP 2800+ 2.09 GHz
memory: 2.5 GB of ram

Internal Error at AA_Main
Access Violation at 006F9336 in Module IceReaderRetail.exe
Read of Adress 000002EC

I ran the diagnostic executable sent to me by e-mail and e-mailed Ice Graphics results. Still waiting to hear about the resolution to problem.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newton wrote:
I ran the diagnostic executable sent to me by e-mail and e-mailed Ice Graphics results. Still waiting to hear about the resolution to problem.

Be patient. You case is not trivial. On thousands of computers running Windows ICE Reader works fine. There is problem only on your computer.

If you want a quick fix, just reinstall Windows. If you do not want to reinstall your system, then wait. The solution will be.
Newton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: new version of ice reader works on my winxp machine. Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the new version of ice reader. It works again on my winxp machine. Thanks!!!!!!!

ICE Graphics wrote:
Newton wrote:

Be patient. You case is not trivial. On thousands of computers running Windows ICE Reader works fine. There is problem only on your computer.

If you want a quick fix, just reinstall Windows. If you do not want to reinstall your system, then wait. The solution will be.

ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: new version of ice reader works on my winxp machine. Th Reply with quote

Newton wrote:
Thanks for the new version of ice reader. It works again on my winxp machine. Thanks!!!!!!!

It was something wrong with your computer. Message on your computer to resize occurred before the message to show window. This is not right and it should not ever be. It is possible that your computer is infected. Most likely it's something serious, that is not so easy to detect. Maybe it's rootkit. If this was to happen on my computer, I would start to worry about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: