www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rescue TIB file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kraft

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Rescue TIB file Reply with quote

Hello,

Is it possible to rescue a corrupted TIB or detected as corrupted by Acronis Backup & Recovery file using ICE ECC ?

The archive is full of data but Acronis is not decided to let me at least mount and retrieve some of the files.

Thank you for your help.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Rescue TIB file Reply with quote

kraft wrote:
Is it possible to rescue a corrupted TIB

Yes

kraft wrote:
or detected as corrupted by Acronis Backup & Recovery file using ICE ECC ?

Yes
kraft

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if i ask stupid questions but i don't know how to use ICE ECC, how should i proceed, is there any topic about this kind of rescue or repair ?

Will ICE detect / retrieve files or does it slice the TIB archive and add it's own CRC ?

The archive went bad while saving the content of the server and lately the server died but i ignore if TI had time to complete the image or if it crashed in action. The server has no screen and TSE lost connection, so i was unable to check the results of the image built.

Thank you for your time.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kraft wrote:
Sorry if i ask stupid questions but i don't know how to use ICE ECC, how should i proceed, is there any topic about this kind of rescue or repair ?

Try to read help file included in ICE ECC. You can find it in ICE ECC program group.

kraft wrote:
Will ICE detect / retrieve files or does it slice the TIB archive and add it's own CRC ?

ICE ECC work with TIB like with any other file. Create separate file with recovery information about whole TIB file.

kraft wrote:
The archive went bad while saving the content of the server and lately the server died but i ignore if TI had time to complete the image or if it crashed in action. The server has no screen and TSE lost connection, so i was unable to check the results of the image built.

You can add in TI automatic image verify after test. It's pretty fast and can guarantee what image creating finished successfully.
kraft

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your time Smile

As i said, TI was running with the validate / verify but it was shot in flight before it had time to check whether the archive was ok or not otherwise the arhive wouldn't have broke.

I checked the documentation and give it a try, unfortunately my laptop probably over heated and decided to shutdown after 8 hours of calculations ruining the work already done.

Anyway it's interesting to know that ICE ECC can recover information from a damaged / uncomplete TI archive.
The TI support said, no way to mount / read a damaged archive, you should suggest your solution to them Wink
kraft

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going forth and back, i can't recover the tib file. I will try again on another machine.
How can ICE ECC can rebuild corrupted / missing informations ?
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do to try to recovery .tib files immediately. .tib files usually very large and hard to check them. Try to use ICE ECC with small .txt file. With size 1-10 MB.

1. Get this .txt file.
2. Create recovery information in ICE ECC
3. Change some data in .txt file
4. Try to recover it using ICE ECC

And only then you will understand how it work you can try to do experiments with .tib files.
kraft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i understand that it can restore missing parts if and (if only ?) ICE ECC has been runned before the damage occurs ?
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. ICE ECC can fix some missing parts in your files. And ICE ECC can do it only if ICE ECC has been runned before the damage occurs.
kraft

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the explanations and your time, all is clear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: