www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICE ECC renamed files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dangkict

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: ICE ECC renamed files Reply with quote

I created ECC files for my files. Then I just renamed some of my files, ICE ECC consider these renamed files are missing files. Checking with Quickpar, it regconized all these renamed files and fixed without needing any block.
Is it an ICE ECC's bug or it is an advantage of Quickpar.
Thanks.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: ICE ECC renamed files Reply with quote

dangkict wrote:
I created ECC files for my files. Then I just renamed some of my files, ICE ECC consider these renamed files are missing files. Checking with Quickpar, it regconized all these renamed files and fixed without needing any block.
Is it an ICE ECC's bug or it is an advantage of Quickpar.

This is not bug.

1. QuickPar always in single block store only one file. File can has size 1 byte, but it always occupy whole block. So, QuickPar can not make .par2 files if there are more files than blocks. ICE ECC free from this is problem. ICE ECC can store multiple files in the single block. Searching of lost files based on blocks CRC. QuickPar can use this is CRC for searching, because single block always mean single file. Theoretically is possible to add ICE ECC this is recover possibility.

2. ICE ECC can search lost filenames. You can pack all your files with lost filenames to archive without compression (Store). And rename this is file as any from your source data files. After what start recover.
dangkict

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, i will explain clearer.

I have a file: test.mp3. I created 10% recovery block using ICE ECC.
Then I renamed: test.mp3 ---> renamed.mp3
I verified with ICE ECC, then it told that: Not Enough Recovery Block......

I did exactly same using Quickpar. When verifying with Quickpar, the file can be recovered using 0 block (even only 1 recovery block was created). After that, file renamed.mp3 is back to test.mp3

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: