www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NULL characters in ICE ECC log file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: NULL characters in ICE ECC log file Reply with quote

It seems that every other character in ICE ECC log file is a NULL character! (And the first line seems to start with "FF FE")

Opening the log file in Notepad does not show these since Notepad seems to simply ignore the nulls. However the null characters in the log file make it more difficult to analyze the log from a program...

I use the command line intercfe to start ICE ECC. Version = v2.7.

Is this a bug or the intended behaviour? Could it be possible to not write the null characters and "FF FE" into the log file?

Many thanks in advance,

S.
Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: NULL characters in ICE ECC log file Reply with quote

Ahhh... Seems to be unicode.

Is there a way to produce the log file in ANSI text format?
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: NULL characters in ICE ECC log file Reply with quote

Notepad open Unicode files without any problems
Samurai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: NULL characters in ICE ECC log file Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
Notepad open Unicode files without any problems

Yes, that is correct (I already mentioned that in my original post). However I process a number of files automatically from within a program, and I need to check the ICE ECC log file contents from my program to verify if the ECC file was created correctly or not.

When I open the log file from my program, the file is not recognized as a UNICODE file but simply a stream of bytes and the program interpretes NULL as end of file, so I must either find a way to produce the log file as ANSI instead of UNICODE or I have to find a way to convert the log file into ANSI format from within my program...

Any ideas are welcome!
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: NULL characters in ICE ECC log file Reply with quote

google can give a lot solutions for converting Unicode to Ansi. Try to search words: convert unicode ansi freeware
Samurai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: NULL characters in ICE ECC log file Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
google can give a lot solutions for converting Unicode to Ansi. Try to search words: convert unicode ansi freeware

Thanks; I found a freeware solution!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: