www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICE ECC: locked files, disappearing dialog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zazul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: ICE ECC: locked files, disappearing dialog Reply with quote

Two problems when working with ICE ECC:

1. I usually put several DVD's/directories into ICE ECC queue and let it work overnight. When a DVD is done, I'd like to burn it and delete, while the rest is still under processing. But some of the produced files are locked by the program and cannot be deleted or moved. I spotted twice, that with 7% redundancy and 8 ecc files, it's the 4th ecc file which was locked.

2. After a few minimize/restore operations, sometimes the small dialog with timer and Pause/Cancel buttons disappears. It is than impossible to pause or abort operation normally.

I work on windows 2000.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: ICE ECC: locked files, disappearing dialog Reply with quote

zazul wrote:
Two problems when working with ICE ECC:

1. I usually put several DVD's/directories into ICE ECC queue and let it work overnight. When a DVD is done, I'd like to burn it and delete, while the rest is still under processing. But some of the produced files are locked by the program and cannot be deleted or moved. I spotted twice, that with 7% redundancy and 8 ecc files, it's the 4th ecc file which was locked.

At first look there is not bug in ICE ECC. Need to look.

I can recommend to burn data only after finishing whole quenue. Before burning exit ICE ECC, it can prevent lock problem.

zazul wrote:
2. After a few minimize/restore operations, sometimes the small dialog with timer and Pause/Cancel buttons disappears. It is than impossible to pause or abort operation normally.

OK, need to look
zazul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: ICE ECC: locked files, disappearing dialog Reply with quote

Quote:
I can recommend to burn data only after finishing whole quenue. Before burning exit ICE ECC, it can prevent lock problem.

That's how I currently cope with the problem. The whole queue runs for 15-20 hours (yes, ICE ECC is a serious programme Wink), and it would be nice to do something usefull during this time.

ICE ECC is a great piece of software. And it is free. And it has support faster and better than many commercial services. Very impressed ..
zazul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reporting dialog stalls Reply with quote

This is another case of some 'indepependence' of reporting dialog.

Main application has ended, it's menus can be accessed and CPU usage is near zero. The reporting dialog with timers did not disappear, and stalls at 00:01. It's buttons can be pressed - caption changes, but no other effect observed. Pressing 'exit' button on main window ends application and removes both main and dialog windows. Next application lunch failed (nothing happened). When checked in Sysinternals Process Explorer - there was an ICE process listed (I should have copied it's stack, but I didn't). After killing this process application could be run normally.
Fast test on produced ecc files says 'All files are valid'.

Hope this help.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Reporting dialog stalls Reply with quote

zazul wrote:
Main application has ended, it's menus can be accessed and CPU usage is near zero. The reporting dialog with timers did not disappear, and stalls at 00:01.

There is some GUI error. This is not exactly apllication GUI error. Some time not modal window do not close, if closing occured. This is do not make problems for creating/verify or recovery process. It's only GUI bug. Moreover, if start any ICE ECC process (fast verify for example) again this is window can hide succesfully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: