www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICE mirror new user questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: ICE mirror new user questions Reply with quote

Found this software when my backups were >4 CDs (excluding music, pics, video etc).

I can't find a user manual, please can someone point me to it.
I found some user notes on one of the download sites but can't find it again.

I created a backup directory and ran the prog, which it successfully populated with all files in original formats as intended.

I changed some files and re-ran the prog, selecting 'append'.
The backup ran fine but I don't know where the new backup files went, also the backup directory has been updated which I wasn't expecting.

I wanted to save my backup directory and incremental backups to different CD ROMs. How do I do this?

If a file is missing from the (working) directory to be backed up, will the program attempt to remove it from the backup directory? What are the options?

Thanks

Dave
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: ICE mirror new user questions Reply with quote

davem wrote:
Found this software when my backups were >4 CDs (excluding music, pics, video etc).

I can't find a user manual, please can someone point me to it.
I found some user notes on one of the download sites but can't find it again.

There is ICE Mirror help. Check your system menu: Start -> Programs -> ICE Mirror -> ICE Mirror Help

davem wrote:
I created a backup directory and ran the prog, which it successfully populated with all files in original formats as intended.

ICE Mirror is not backup program. ICE Mirror is program for mirroring witch can be used for simple file backup.

davem wrote:
I wanted to save my backup directory and incremental backups to different CD ROMs. How do I do this?

There is examples how to do it in the help file.

davem wrote:
If a file is missing from the (working) directory to be backed up, will the program attempt to remove it from the backup directory? What are the options?

Never. ICE Mirror never modify the working (Master) directory.
Dude Passing By

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ICE mirror new user questions Reply with quote

davem wrote:

Yes it will, after all, it's maintaining a mirror: an exact replica of your source.

Edit: at least when doing a full mirror it will. Don't know about Append-mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: