www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I change the configuration?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: How do I change the configuration? Reply with quote

I seem to be missing something - I want to change the configuration but can't figure out how to get to it. It seems that it is producing a record of each run. The filename looks like 2008-03-06-11-27-21.txt and has content like "Mirror (full) finished." I've looked in lots of other places where those files might be created with no luck, so I assume Ice makes them.

Dick
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: How do I change the configuration? Reply with quote

ICE Mirror save configuration in own directory. If you are use Windows Vista with enabled UAC install ICE Mirror outside Program Files directory. This is will fix problem with saving configuration.
RGC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I change the configuration? Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
ICE Mirror save configuration in own directory. If you are use Windows Vista with enabled UAC install ICE Mirror outside Program Files directory. This is will fix problem with saving configuration.

I want to see the options so I may change them. I see the file Options.cfg. I don't know how to open it. I see no place to click on when ice-mirror is open. If I click on the file itself (windows explorer) windows gives me many options but I have not found one that works, even when selecting to open it with IceMirror. I am using XP.

How do I open to change the options?

Dick
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: How do I change the configuration? Reply with quote

Options.cfg store current state of ICE Mirror. There is not hidden options in Options.cfg. Everything is possible to change from ICE Mirror GUI.

Can you explain what options you need to change ?
RGC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where to click on the GUI to get control of options. The only menu items I see are on the right panel - compare type, do not modify, and so forth down to clear or save the log. This is in addition to the directory windows.

It seems that it is producing a record of each run. The filename looks like 2008-03-06-11-27-21.txt and has content of a record of operations and "Mirror (full) finished." I would prefer not to have that file created. See my first message in this thread.

If it is not possible to have these files created just tell me and I'll continue to delete them.

Dick
RGC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Option /log Reply with quote

I am sorry for bothering you. I found the option setting on the help page. I did not expect it to be there. May apologies.

Dick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: