www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to add bookmark at start of file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drfrost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Unable to add bookmark at start of file Reply with quote

If a text file (.txt) is imported, it is not possible to add a bookmark at the start of the file. It becomes possible about 12 lines in, depending on the amount of text.

I've not yet seen the problem in converted .lit files.

Since, as far as I can tell, the editor function does not actually delete text - instead it only hides it - this leads to a circumvention:

Add a block of text to the start-of-file BEFORE importing, then use the editor function to remove it. You can then add a bookmark at the "apparent" start-of-file
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to add bookmark at start of file Reply with quote

drfrost wrote:
If a text file (.txt) is imported, it is not possible to add a bookmark at the start of the file. It becomes possible about 12 lines in, depending on the amount of text.

Bookmark should help to find a place in the text. I think start of the file it's not difficult to find.

drfrost wrote:
Since, as far as I can tell, the editor function does not actually delete text - instead it only hides it - this leads to a circumvention:

If the actual deleting is necessary to you, make book re-pack after deleting text.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: