www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

changing fixed to conversion colors in Color panel'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vreijs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: changing fixed to conversion colors in Color panel' Reply with quote

Hello CIE,

If I do the following the fixed colors are converted to conversion colors in teh color table:
. open CIE Color
. load an image
. press 'Level and gamma correction'
. press for instance 'Min/Max' then 'OK'
After this the fixed colors are converted to conversion colors. This is perhaps a hidden feature? (which I like by the way, because I see no need for fixed colors in my environment).

Another thing which is strange: Pressing 'Init color table' leaves newly made fixed/conversion colors in the table of the color panel. Why is that?

All the best,

Victor
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: changing fixed to conversion colors in Color panel' Reply with quote

vreijs wrote:
If I do the following the fixed colors are converted to conversion colors in teh color table:
. open CIE Color
. load an image
. press 'Level and gamma correction'
. press for instance 'Min/Max' then 'OK'
After this the fixed colors are converted to conversion colors. This is perhaps a hidden feature? (which I like by the way, because I see no need for fixed colors in my environment).

There are two reason to use fixed colors:
1. ICE Color can not work if defined less than 5 colors
2. If do not use fixed colors as it used now, serious bound problem can occur. I mean, colors values near 0 or near 255. Picture can become too light or too dark.

If you not need fixed colors - you can easy ignore them. Just select any fixed color and click "Pick source color" or "Pick destination color"

vreijs wrote:
Another thing which is strange: Pressing 'Init color table' leaves newly made fixed/conversion colors in the table of the color panel. Why is that?

It's feature Smile To remove newly made colors is easy. Just delete them. But is impossible to delete fixed colors. Do you think, what need fully reset color profile ?
vreijs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: changing fixed to conversion colors in Color panel' Reply with quote

[quote="ICE Graphics"]
There are two reason to use fixed colors:
1. ICE Color can not work if defined less than 5 colors
2. If do not use fixed colors as it used now, serious bound problem can occur. I mean, colors values near 0 or near 255. Picture can become too light or too dark.
[/quote]

Oke, I understand it now better why you have these five fixed colors (for the bound problems, which I can see as a valid reason). Perhaps you could even not show them in the color panel (every program has its internal boundaries which are not explictly shown)....

What you could also do (internally), is utilize the five colors only if one inputs as a user less than five colors...

[quote="vreijs"]Another thing which is strange: Pressing 'Init color table' leaves newly made fixed/conversion colors in the table of the color panel. Why is that?[/quote]

It's feature Smile To remove newly made colors is easy. Just delete them. But is impossible to delete fixed colors. Do you think, what need fully reset color profile ?[/quote]

I would say the text 'Init color table' should do what it says; so clean up the full table (except perhaps your five fixed ones, see above).
Or indeed remove this specific option and let the user use the normal delete option.
In some way I am always for a simple and consistant user interface (sorry soem kidn of hobbyhorse of mine;-).

All the best,

Victor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: