www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please excuse my stupidity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Please excuse my stupidity Reply with quote

I've just downloaded ICE Mirror - simple!
I opened the help fifle and read it - easy!I wanted to mirror MyDocuments onto my new external HD - STUCK :-(

The External USB drive does work OK - it's in MyComputer (Windows XP) and I can put stuff on it using Explore - so far so good.

I just sit and look and play with ICE Mirror and I can get nothing to happen - OH DEAR!!

Do you have REALLY simple instructions for me to use? My HD is C and the external one is I - so where do I go now or is ICE Mirror only for clever computer people?

My purpose is to back up music and photos in the original format - no compression, no fancy file name and all that. I just want a simple copy so I don't lose things if the C drive dies and I can plug my external drive into any computer and play music or look at photos.

Sorry to sound to lame - please help if you can.

Bruceman
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Please excuse my stupidity Reply with quote

ICE Mirror by default do not allow modify HDD root. I mean path like C:\, D:\ etc. Because some mistake can destroy information on whole HDD. If you want to copy root directory uncheck "Do not modify HDD root"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: