www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All files declared to be wrong size

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ayoshak



Joined: 04 Mar 2006
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: All files declared to be wrong size Reply with quote

I created a set of recovery files for a collection of photos, about 1Mb each, in a set of folders, 3 folders deep, up to DVD5 size, redundancy 23%. It took 1 hour, together with automatic full test. All went well, no error messages, full test reported as successful. Before burning I tried manual test, fast and full and verification. All failed, reporting wrong files size, and a long list of damaged blocks (actually all of them). This is of course not true because:
1. All photos are OK,
2. The files were not touched by another application between successful creation/test and manual test,
3. My disks is healthy, recently unfragmented.
4. Tried the same with version 2.1 and freshly downloaded 2.2.1
5. System is XP, SP2, 1GB memory 2.53Gb Pentium. No viruses, no trojans, no spyware, no other problems.
I would prefer to use this system rather than PAR files because I don't want to zip or rar them.
I would appreciate your help.
Thanks
ayoshak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ICE Graphics
Site Admin


Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 430

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: All files declared to be wrong size Reply with quote

ayoshak wrote:
I created a set of recovery files for a collection of photos, about 1Mb each, in a set of folders, 3 folders deep, up to DVD5 size, redundancy 23%. It took 1 hour, together with automatic full test. All went well, no error messages, full test reported as successful. Before burning I tried manual test, fast and full and verification. All failed, reporting wrong files size, and a long list of damaged blocks (actually all of them). This is of course not true because:

This is true, because ICE ECC ask you path for original data files. If you enter wrong parh for data files everything will fail. Enter valid path and everything will be fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ayoshak



Joined: 04 Mar 2006
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to create a recovery file set, but only by keeping it within data folders. If I create them in a seperate "Recovery Files" folder all fails, regardless of which folder I enter as Data Folder when trying to recover (verify or test manually), and I did try all available combinations. If this is a feature it should be mentioned in Help files, if a bug it is probably easy rectified.

Thanks, it is a usefull program when working.

I would add a Setup Option to force it to work in Idle Priority Mode as it slows down other stuff unless I force it into idle mode using the other program.
ayoshak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ICE Graphics
Site Admin


Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 430

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ayoshak wrote:
I managed to create a recovery file set, but only by keeping it within data folders. If I create them in a seperate "Recovery Files" folder all fails, regardless of which folder I enter as Data Folder when trying to recover (verify or test manually), and I did try all available combinations.

If this is a feature it should be mentioned in Help files, if a bug it is probably easy rectified.

Do you use Verify by using double click on .ECC file ? In this is mode ICE ECC suggest what data files and ECC files use the same dir. If you want to use different dirs, start ICE ECC and press button Verify. Double click on ECC file is NOT similar Verify or Fast Verify !!!

ayoshak wrote:
Thanks, it is a usefull program when working.

It's work. Use ICE ECC correctly.

ayoshak wrote:
I would add a Setup Option to force it to work in Idle Priority Mode as it slows down other stuff unless I force it into idle mode using the other program.

ICE ECC use a lot of RAM. Also ICE ECC very active use HDD. In what situation even using idle priority can not guarantee from slow down other applications executed the same time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ayoshak



Joined: 04 Mar 2006
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't doubleclicking ECC files, I was using buttons and answering questions by pointing in mini window. Still it worked only if ECC files were kept within main directory with the photo files. It definitely didn't work if the destination for ECC files was a seperate folder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ICE Graphics
Site Admin


Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 430

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ayoshak wrote:
I wasn't doubleclicking ECC files, I was using buttons and answering questions by pointing in mini window. Still it worked only if ECC files were kept within main directory with the photo files. It definitely didn't work if the destination for ECC files was a seperate folder.

Then you are using buttons, ICE ECC ask you about path for data files. Just enter correct path to data files.

Try to do it for set of files without sub-directories at first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group