www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

backup c drive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: backup c drive Reply with quote

Sad i have the free version of ice mirror. please tell me all the steps to copy c drive to a dvd. and will it restore my computer if it happens to crash? in the help section on how to, the last 3 in the colum have me confused.thanks,mack
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: backup c drive Reply with quote

mack wrote:
Sad i have the free version of ice mirror. please tell me all the steps to copy c drive to a dvd. and will it restore my computer if it happens to crash? in the help section on how to, the last 3 in the colum have me confused.thanks,mack

To use ICE Mirror for full backup of you system HDD is not good wish. For full backup you have to use special software, like Acronis TrueImage, Norton Ghost, Paragon Drive Backup, Symantec Ghost or similar.

ICE Mirror is not BACKUP software. ICE Mirror is mirroring software (file copy software), witch can solve some simple backup operations.
mack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: ice mirror Reply with quote

Wink is there any free versions that are easy to use? and if not , could you suggest one that cost. thanks,Mack
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: ice mirror Reply with quote

mack wrote:
Wink is there any free versions that are easy to use?

I do not know. Good backup software can backup system HDD without stop Windows. You can surf Internet or do something else during the backup. I do not, there is not free version alllowed it.

mack wrote:
and if not , could you suggest one that cost. thanks,Mack

I prefer Acronis True Image - http://www.acronis.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: