www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CIE colors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vreijs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: CIE colors Reply with quote

Hello CIE,

I see that you have fixed colors which I can't delete. But in my pictures I don't want to fix the pure white, black, red, green and blue to these values. I want to have the option to delete these fixed colors. Is that possible (or perhaps I don't understand why they are there and why they can't be deleted [somethign for the helpfile?]).

Thanks for your feedback.

All the best,

Victor
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: CIE colors Reply with quote

vreijs wrote:
I see that you have fixed colors which I can't delete. But in my pictures I don't want to fix the pure white, black, red, green and blue to these values. I want to have the option to delete these fixed colors. Is that possible (or perhaps I don't understand why they are there and why they can't be deleted [somethign for the helpfile?]).

If you do not want modify pure white, black, red, green just do not modify them. What colors can not be deleted. I try to explain why. To determine line position need 2 points, to determine plane position need 3 points, to determine minimal ICE Color profile need at least 5 points, due to ICE Color use multidimensional color model.

Last edited by ICE Graphics on Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
vreijs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: CIE colors Reply with quote

[quote="ICE Graphics"][quote="vreijs"]I see that you have fixed colors which I can't delete. But in my pictures I don't want to fix the pure white, black, red, green and blue to these values. I want to have the option to delete these fixed colors. Is that possible (or perhaps I don't understand why they are there and why they can't be deleted [somethign for the helpfile?]).

If you do not want modify pure white, black, red, green just do not modify them. What colors can not be deleted. Some example: one color (one point) do not allow to fix surface in the space. Need at least 3 points.
[/quote][/quote]

I don't fully understand your response. I think I understand that one needs a few colors to do the optimization one wants (is that the reason why you have already some colors fixed).
I would say that if one has inputted more then three colors, these fixed ones could be deleted. Correct?
But perhaps I just don't understand your responce, could you use other words so that it might help me understand it.

All the best,

Victor
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: CIE colors Reply with quote

vreijs wrote:
ICE Graphics wrote:
vreijs wrote:
I see that you have fixed colors which I can't delete. But in my pictures I don't want to fix the pure white, black, red, green and blue to these values. I want to have the option to delete these fixed colors. Is that possible (or perhaps I don't understand why they are there and why they can't be deleted (somethign for the helpfile?)).

If you do not want modify pure white, black, red, green just do not modify them. What colors can not be deleted. Some example: one color (one point) do not allow to fix surface in the space. Need at least 3 points.

I don't fully understand your response. I think I understand that one needs a few colors to do the optimization one wants (is that the reason why you have already some colors fixed).

More or less. What colors (Black, White, Red, Green, Blue) define flat color profile. I show you how it work using only red channel. If black is #20 (32 decimal) and pure red is #E0, than color #40 transfer to (#40 / 256) * (#E0 - #20) + #20 = #50

vreijs wrote:
I would say that if one has inputted more then three colors, these fixed ones could be deleted. Correct?

Not exactly. ICE Color use flexible multidimencional model. More points just cause more complicated mathematical model.

vreijs wrote:
But perhaps I just don't understand your responce, could you use other words so that it might help me understand it.

ICE Color use complicated multidimencional mathematical model. It's hard to imagine or explain how it work, because it's hard to explain properties of 5-6-... multidimencional objects.
vreijs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Spam removed by ICE Graphics>

Sorry I can't read this;-)

All the best,
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vreijs wrote:
Sorry I can't read this;-)

It's spam, just ignore
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: