www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is ICE ECC the only software supporting ECC format?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanislas wrote:
I'm not using ICE ECC despite the fact that it is a wonderful program.

If you do not use ICE ECC, why you are interested in the source ICE ECC?

Stanislas wrote:
Maybe then, x86 systems are history, a specification of the format can help restore data.

ICE ECC have a file structure is much more complicated than PAR/QuickPAR. In addition, the code ICE ECC uses proprietary algorithms, without the publication of which it is impossible to use the ecc files. Even if to publish all the specs, it will be extremely difficult to ensure proper operation with the ecc files.

Many years had passed since the last version QuickPar. Despite the availability of the source par, nobody has been able to develop a par at least to the level of development QuickPar.

Stanislas wrote:
Nevertheless, I keep an eye on ICE ECC, just in case my wish comes true. Just as I'm keeping an eye on the Parchive 3.0 specifications being developped.

Parchive 3.0 - is a myth. This is an attempt development in the wrong direction. This deadlock correction codes.
dhry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: MultiPAR Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
Parchive 3.0 - is a myth. This is an attempt development in the wrong direction. This deadlock correction codes.

hxxp://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA021385/

Still interested in seeing what will be in new versions of ICE ECC, but it seems that development has stopped.

DRS
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: MultiPAR Reply with quote

dhry wrote:
Still interested in seeing what will be in new versions of ICE ECC, but it seems that development has stopped.

The development begins only when the current version is created. Believe me, it takes quite a bit of time. The rest of the time development is stopped. ICE ECC is not a priority project. Therefore, the time allocated for its development as a residual.

About MultiPar, i looked at the site. But the site is almost empty. It is not clear that there is a new one.

I have no time to sit and learn what's been done in the code. Even before it was clear that the project is moving along the path of the project imposed crc32.

As I said before, crc32 is a dead-end path of development. Meaningless to write code with a million blocks, if you can not recover that million blocks. For ICE ECC found a solution of this is problem, which will actually allow to handle up to 10 million blocks of correction in reasonable time. But this solution requires a major rework code.

I do not think that such a major modification is justified for the freeware project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: