www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible problem with ICEmirror on Win7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spumanti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Possible problem with ICEmirror on Win7 Reply with quote

Hi ICE

Firstly, thanks for a nice file sync program: ICEmirror.
I use it regularly to make an identical copy of my working folders, for backup.

I recently got a Windows 7 PC, and have seen some strange behaviour, when trying to mirror to or from a network path.

If I use: \\netpath\remotefolder
-I will get this error message (click to enlarge): [not allowed]

If I map a drive letter to the network destination, and use that instead, the program works perfectly.

This behaviour is observed on 2 seperate windows 7 PC's: One with Win7 Professional, one with Win7 Starter.
Both PC's are running 32 bit versions, with ICEmirror version 2.0.

Is this a known bug, or ?
spumanti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the link to the image mentioned above... remove spaces... this forum does not allow me to post images!!!

ht tp:// w w w .imagebam.com/image/8104ba157976743
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Possible problem with ICEmirror on Win7 Reply with quote

As i know, applications can not use \\netpath\remotefolder under Win7 as usual path. It works in Win 98/ME/2000/XP but fail under Vista/Win7. Vista/Win7 for any access \\netpath\remotefolder request from application login/password for specified netpath. If application ignore this is requests, Vista/Win 7 block it. As i understand, this is made in Vista/Win 7 for security reasons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: