www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ice Mirror skips files and directories when mirroring

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jh79

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Ice Mirror skips files and directories when mirroring Reply with quote

Hi all,

i've been using Ice Mirror successfully for years, but just today ran into this curious issue: the program skips files and sometimes entire directories from the Master directory and doesn't copy them into the mirror directory. This is despite the fact that they do NOT already exist in the mirror directory, and the mirror drive has more than enough empty space and is not write-protected. It happens both in Full and Append modes, whether "Do not modify HDD root" is checked or unchecked, whether DOS time format is checked and unchecked, whether case sensitive is checked or unchecked, and regardless of the setting of "compare type". It appears to affect recently added files and directories.

The "Compare" option finds the files that are not yet in the mirror directory, saying "Not exist: - filename". However, when I then do "Mirror after Compare", again the files are not copied.

I'm using Ice Mirror 2.0 on Windows XP Pro 32, running on Bootcamp on a MacBook.

Anyone have ideas how to fix this?
Many thanks!
jh79
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Ice Mirror skips files and directories when mirroring Reply with quote

I can offer some obyavneny why this could occur:

1. Corrupted file names. f you have a file system is corrupt, the file/directory may exist, but it will not be available for any file operations. Try to copy this is file file directory by any file manager. It will show problem.

2. Problems with permissions. Check, can user to do something with this is file or not.
jh79

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Site Admin,

thanks so much for the quick response and the good thoughts. Unfortunately neither of these possibilities seems to be the issue:

1. The files in question are intact, i.e. I can open them, edit them, re-save them, copy and move them in Windows Explorer, etc. I've tested this with a number of files.

2. The permissions shouldn't be the problem either; I'm logged in as the administrator, and can open, move, save, delete etc. the files in question; and yet, while all of this is possible, ICE Mirror doesn't mirror these files (even though it finds them during "Compare").

Any thoughts? This is very puzzling to me...
Many thanks!
jh79
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you explore the name of the file or directory that caused the problem?
I think that this name should not be quite standard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: