www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICC ECC v2.7: GUI opens when running from command line

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mike090810



Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: ICC ECC v2.7: GUI opens when running from command line Reply with quote

When running from the command line, the graphical user interface opens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ICE Graphics
Site Admin


Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 430

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: ICC ECC v2.7: GUI opens when running from command line Reply with quote

Mike090810 wrote:
When running from the command line, the graphical user interface opens.

It's not bug Smile

ICE ECC is not pure command line utility. ICE ECC is normal Windows GUI application witch has full command line support. This is good solution, because:

1. Usual command line utilities can rus multiple instances simultaniously. This is bad for program like ICE ECC. ICE ECC require a lot of CPU and RAM. For such heavy application only single process has to be allowed.

2. ICE ECC has unique feature - queues. Queues working even from command line. So, opening graphical interface is not bad for what.

3. If you do not like to see opened graphical interface after finishing all tasks, you can add command "ICEECC.EXE exit" at the end of queue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Samurai



Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: ICC ECC v2.7: GUI opens when running from command line Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
Mike090810 wrote:
When running from the command line, the graphical user interface opens.

It's not bug Smile

ICE ECC is not pure command line utility. ICE ECC is normal Windows GUI application witch has full command line support. This is good solution, because:

1. Usual command line utilities can rus multiple instances simultaniously. This is bad for program like ICE ECC. ICE ECC require a lot of CPU and RAM. For such heavy application only single process has to be allowed.

2. ICE ECC has unique feature - queues. Queues working even from command line. So, opening graphical interface is not bad for what.

3. If you do not like to see opened graphical interface after finishing all tasks, you can add command "ICEECC.EXE exit" at the end of queue.


Is there a way to force ICE ECC start minimized and (yet more important) without grabbing focus when starting it from the command line interface?
I have tried various ways to start ICE ECC from an AutoHotKey script and everything is ok - BUT... I have not found a way to stop ICE ECC stealing focus.

This is a critical problem for me since the workstation is used for text processing etc and ICE ECC should start working at the background without interupting the end user. The text processing does not tolerate losing the focus even for a short moment.

Any ideas, please...?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ICE Graphics
Site Admin


Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 430

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: ICC ECC v2.7: GUI opens when running from command line Reply with quote

Samurai wrote:
Any ideas, please...?

ICE ECC force focus grabbing. It's easy to disable it. Only new version can fix your problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Samurai



Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: ICC ECC v2.7: GUI opens when running from command line Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
Samurai wrote:
Any ideas, please...?

ICE ECC force focus grabbing. It's easy to disable it. Only new version can fix your problem.

Thank you again for your quick reply. I'll keep an eye on the forum and look forward to see an announcement for the new version.

Many thanks in advance. This is a great tool!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samurai



Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ICC ECC v2.7: GUI opens when running from command line Reply with quote

Any plans to publish a new version containing the possibility to disable the force focus grabbing...?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ICE Graphics
Site Admin


Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 430

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: ICC ECC v2.7: GUI opens when running from command line Reply with quote

Samurai wrote:
Any plans to publish a new version containing the possibility to disable the force focus grabbing...?

Until the summer will not be. About later dates is difficult to say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Samurai



Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: ICC ECC v2.7: GUI opens when running from command line Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
Samurai wrote:
Any plans to publish a new version containing the possibility to disable the force focus grabbing...?

Until the summer will not be. About later dates is difficult to say.

Uhh... that's no good news. I'm afraid I'll have no other option then but switch to par2cmdline... Crying or Very sad

I'd rather not do it but I must be able to generate the checksum files in the backgrund without grabbing control in the user interface. Is there any possibility that you could reconsider your schedules of publishing a new version having the option to disable focus grabbing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ICE Graphics
Site Admin


Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Posts: 430

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: ICC ECC v2.7: GUI opens when running from command line Reply with quote

Samurai wrote:
I'd rather not do it but I must be able to generate the checksum files in the backgrund without grabbing control in the user interface. Is there any possibility that you could reconsider your schedules of publishing a new version having the option to disable focus grabbing?

It's simple. ICE ECC is freeware. It's not first priority project. When will I get free time, then you will have a new version.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Samurai



Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: ICC ECC v2.7: GUI opens when running from command line Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your quick reply. ICE ECC is a great product and I very much appreciate your efforts in developing it further!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group