www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scrolling Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gallows

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Scrolling Issues Reply with quote

Using ICE reader (v8.10.2)

I am having trouble with the speed settings on my ICE Reader platform (full license). When I change the constant and the variable speeds, the speed does not exceed 45 with the font size set to 72.

I also cannot change the cache, pages - RAM setting in the the Setup tab in settings. I currently have these settings selected in the Setup tab:

Language: English

Default compression: 1 - Fastest
Cache, Pages - RAM: 256 - 4184 MB [Locked]
Disc cache, KB 8MB
Maximum paragraph size, chars: 16384

In the Mode tab I have selected Scroll Mode

In the Scroll mode settings tab within Scroll Mode I have selected:

Scroll Mode: Hardware

Super Scroll: Disabled
Anti Flicker: Disabled

I cannot change any of these settings because they are locked

In the Speed Tab I have selected Constant Speed which reads as such:

Constant Speed
Lines per sec (LPS): 301
Variable
Chars per sec (CPS): 200

Disable Super Scroll when speed great than LPS: 100

All of these settings can still be altered...

My computer runs on an AMD Phenom II x4 920 Processor 2.80 GHz
with installed memory RAM of 8.00 GB (7.75 GB usable)
all running on Windows 7 (64 bit)

I have really enjoyed using this software, but now the speed of scrolling is so slow it defeats the point of using the scrolling feature.

Please help. =)
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Scrolling Issues Reply with quote

gallows wrote:
I am having trouble with the speed settings on my ICE Reader platform (full license). When I change the constant and the variable speeds, the speed does not exceed 45 with the font size set to 72.

The main question - what video card are you using? Scroll speed to 90% depending on the speed of video card.

gallows wrote:
I also cannot change the cache, pages - RAM setting in the the Setup tab in settings.

Why you cannot change? Just click and use any available value. However, video cache for more than 8 pages usually useless.
gallows

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Scrolling Issues Reply with quote

[quote]The main question - what video card are you using? Scroll speed to 90% depending on the speed of video card. [/quote]

I'm using a Radeon 5770 video card.

[quote]Why you cannot change? Just click and use any available value. However, video cache for more than 8 pages usually useless.
[/quote]

For some reason when I look at the option there is a scrolling button but the entire drop down menu for caching is grayed and when I click nothing happens, (think of a an application GUI in Windows when the program stops responding but just over the cache.[/quote]
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Scrolling Issues Reply with quote

gallows wrote:
For some reason when I look at the option there is a scrolling button but the entire drop down menu for caching is grayed and when I click nothing happens, (think of a an application GUI in Windows when the program stops responding but just over the cache.

You are use ICE Reader in preview mode. In this is mode multiple features are disabled. This is mode made for fast text navigation. You can easy turn on or turn off this is mode. Press "*" near NumLock or from options, Options->Priority, turn on Quality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: