www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICE ECC hangs on an error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glyph

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: ICE ECC hangs on an error Reply with quote

I had 3.9 GB in 13 files and then ran ICE ECC generating 800 megs of ecc data. After some damaged occured I ran a verify on the files and found that there was 1 block (block #1216 out of 2048) that was in error and so i ran a recovery. The program then ran to 100% completion but stopped. The status window kept showing 100% for a few hours and there was no disk activity. Although the computer was responsive it was using all the CPU cycles and still did nothing. Eventually I just reset the computer since there was nothing happening.

The error was still present in the file.

Afterward, i tried deleting the file that the error was in (about 290 megs)and tried to do a recovery on that. The program once again ran to completion at 100% but stopped and did nothing, still showing the status window. Eventually i reset the computer again after 5 hours. The file was not regenerated.

I'm using version 1.1 of ICE ECC.

Is this a bug? or am i doing something terribly wrong?
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: ICE ECC hangs on an error Reply with quote

Glyph wrote:
I had 3.9 GB in 13 files and then ran ICE ECC generating 800 megs of ecc data. After some damaged occured I ran a verify on the files and found that there was 1 block (block #1216 out of 2048) that was in error and so i ran a recovery. The program then ran to 100% completion but stopped. The status window kept showing 100% for a few hours and there was no disk activity. Although the computer was responsive it was using all the CPU cycles and still did nothing. Eventually I just reset the computer since there was nothing happening.

The error was still present in the file.

Afterward, i tried deleting the file that the error was in (about 290 megs)and tried to do a recovery on that. The program once again ran to completion at 100% but stopped and did nothing, still showing the status window. Eventually i reset the computer again after 5 hours. The file was not regenerated.

I'm using version 1.1 of ICE ECC.

Is this a bug? or am i doing something terribly wrong?

It's a bug.

1. What is your version Windows ? RAM, CPU ?

2. Did you recover files directly from CD/DVD or from HDD ?

3. Did you specify different directory for recovered files or you write recoverd files over damaged ?
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ICE ECC hangs on an error Reply with quote

Bug found. Nothing serious. New version will be realesed in some days.
Glyph

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks alot!
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICE ECC v1.2 released. I hope it's free from this is bug.
Glyph

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! Just tried it and it works!

And thanks for the all the new features!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: