www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

weird DEP problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Shorty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: weird DEP problem Reply with quote

OK, this is a strange one. I'm not getting any errors concerning ICE ECC directly, but I am noticing errors from something else, but only when ICE ECC is working. On Vista Ultimate x64 I am seeing Internet Explorer 8 throwing DEP errors while I'm waiting for ICE ECC to do its thing. As soon as ICE is finished, the errors stop. I don't know quite what to make of it. I'm not even sure what's being shut down by DEP, since none of my browser tabs disappear when the error shows up, even though DEP says it shut down IE8. Very weird. Honestly, I doubt there even needs to be anything fixed with ICE as far as this is concerned. I just thought I'd mention it, since the only time it happens is while using ICE. And ICE appears to be unaffected, and seems to finish its job without incident.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: weird DEP problem Reply with quote

ICE ECC can be used as stress test for system. If something is wrong during ICE ECC work in most cases it's mean problem with memory or CPU overheating. You have to do alternative stress test for you computer, like Hot CPU Burn etc.
_Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought was a hardware problem, too, but this is the most stable system I've ever owned. Nothing I've tried to stress it with has ever caused any problems or errors, Prime95, and any other app/util that might be used for stress testing. And I can game for hours on end without any problems cropping up. And nothing is overclocked. And what's very strange about this situation is that it is only IE8 that exhibits the behaviour. Doesn't seem to matter what else I have running, what else is doing work. Nothing seems to go wrong in ICE or any of the other apps running. Even IE8's DEP errors that are reported don't seem to actually affect IE8 itself, as none of my tabs or windows ever disappear. I don't know what DEP is shutting down in IE8, but I don't see anything actually being shut down. I think I've just run into some weird Vista bug. Like I said, I don't think the problem has anything to do with ICE itself, I think I've just stumbled onto some weird issue that only happens when ICE is working. Thanks for the reply. Have a good one.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solution can be simple - use Mozilla or Opera Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: