www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Fit to, DVD" create ECC file too large for DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalunda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: "Fit to, DVD" create ECC file too large for DVD Reply with quote

I tried to use the "Fit to, DVD" feature on a directory with a lot of files and folders (9654 files, 189 folders) and the application created an ECC file that is too large to fit on the DVD.

The application seem to only compute the "actual" size of the files, and not the size needed to save those files on a disk (i.e. block overhead). In my test, the total size of all files + ECC file was 4,699,855,509. But if I check the "Size needed on disk", it's 4,719,677,440, which is too large for a DVD.

Thanks.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: "Fit to, DVD" create ECC file too large for DV Reply with quote

Zalunda wrote:
I tried to use the "Fit to, DVD" feature on a directory with a lot of files and folders (9654 files, 189 folders) and the application created an ECC file that is too large to fit on the DVD.

The application seem to only compute the "actual" size of the files, and not the size needed to save those files on a disk (i.e. block overhead). In my test, the total size of all files + ECC file was 4,699,855,509. But if I check the "Size needed on disk", it's 4,719,677,440, which is too large for a DVD.

Yes, ICE ECC use actual size, istead of occupied size on DVD. It's not important, if not too much files. Support of occupied size will be added in the next version.
_Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this ever addressed? I'm having this same problem in v2.6, with my files + ECC files being too large to fit on a DVD.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Shorty wrote:
Was this ever addressed? I'm having this same problem in v2.6, with my files + ECC files being too large to fit on a DVD.

Can you tell how much files you tried to write on DVD ?
_Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case it wouldn't have been more than perhaps 20 or 30 files in total. But the total filesize including the ECC data files would always be just slightly too big. There would always be just a little bit too much to fit, like roughly 200KB or so.

And there seems to be some kind of bug in the options dialog box after you have selected the 'DVD' option, and then try to change it to something else, such as entering in your own bytes value. I had to exit the application and start all over, or it wouldn't work.
_Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, this may be from splitting the ECC data into several files. I was messing around with splitting the ECC data into 4-15 files for a couple of the DVDs. I see now that I'm playing with that option that the total byte-count keeps growing the more times it splits. If I don't split the data it fits comfortably. If I split it, depending on how many split files I set it to, it can grow to a size too large to fit the DVD.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of using DVD profile you can enter size as 4699990000 or 4699900000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: